Thursday, January 15, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

First, I am happy than A.R.Rahman has won the Golden Globe award. Was waiting for him to get some international recognition which he rightly deserves. I happened to listen to the soundtrack of the movie only today and I must say I wasn't really impressed. Also, I haven't seen the movie yet and from what I hear about the storyline it doesn't seem impressive too. Certainly, Lagaan and Rang De Basanti were far better films and ought to have got him international recognition (I donno much about the Golden Globe awards. Should the movie be in English for it to be nominated ?). Nevertheless, it would have been really a unique movie experience for the white people which I believe is what has led to all this hype.

One of my favorite bloggers, hawkeye , says it all well here.

Anyway I do hope A.R.Rahman goes on to win an Oscar, but I certainly would have been more happy if it had happened for Lagaan.   

No comments: