Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thanks for calling

I have a broadband connection from the infamous BSNL. Why?, you may ask. First, In my area no other service provider has coverage. Second, compared to others BSNL has some really cheap plans.

I've been having this connection for nearly 1.6 years now and surprisingly the maximum days I have gone without internet is 1-2 days on 2-3 occasions, which I believe is pretty good in BSNL standards. Also, the maximum time they have taken to restore the service back is only around 12 hrs from the time I make a complaint (the catch is it takes 1-2 days just to get them to pick up your call).

Now, for the last two days I was facing the blackout (not surprising as its been quite a while) and after the usual one day of trying I somehow got someone to pick up the call. For around 20mins they made me play around with the TCP/IP setting and the modem configuration and in the end were successfully able to restore the connection back. I was quite surprised by this as I expected the problem to be on their end which is the case usually and then came the shocker.. the person actually said .. "Thank you for calling"
!!!  

No comments: